If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Pig Cake or Mandarin Ambrosia?

I am a fan of The Pioneer Woman.  Love her sense of humor, recipes and photography tips.  This past week she posted a recipe for pig cake. Yes. But it looked really good and springy and Easter-y, plus it used a cake mix which was a definite draw for me considering the busy weekend. So I made it for Easter dinner at Jill and Erin's house. It was very good. Moist. Pretty. It is recommended that you keep it in the frig because of the whipped cream in the icing, which would make it a refreshing cool dessert for hot summer days. I just have a problem with the name. I mean, pig cake?  So, in discussions on the front porch while partaking of said dessert, we decided that "mandarin ambrosia cake" was a more enticing name.



You can find the recipe here.

2 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Mmmmmm! Looks yummy, Deb! My niece made cheesecake and trifle desserts for us, and they were sinfully good! I like the Pioneer Woman's blog, too. Glad you had a good Easter!

Animal Health Clinic of Funkstown said...

couldn't have the Ambrosia... but the cake was good Mom.