If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Garden Shoes

Anyone who knows me, knows I am not a fashionista. (Did I spell that right? Spell check doesn't recognize the word.)  Anyway...I do like to look nice and will willingly and thankfully listen to the advice of my family on what looks good and what doesn't.  However, when I'm at home, doing physical work, I dress for comfort and economy.  That's my way of saying I wear things that I don't mind getting stained, ripped, ruined.  In other words...faded, torn, justcameoutofthelaundrybutstilllooksdirty clothes. (Take that, spell check!)

Clothing reaches a point right before they fall apart that they are most comfortable. Take my garden shoes for example. My family thinks I should throw them out. To me, they are comfy, I don't care about mud and grass stains, and they still have some wear left. Granted, every once in a while my foot falls out. But shouldn't I be the one to decide when it's time to put them out to pasture?




For Christmas, Adam and Renee bought me a pair of Crocs to garden in. I got the "I-know-they're-the ugliest-shoes-ever-but-they're-the-most-comfortable-things-you'll-ever-put-on-your-feet" story.  The fact that they can be hosed off has merit. 
Garden season is beginning. I'm open to change. I'll be trying them out in that capacity (I have been wearing them inside the house).  I do, though, have to agree with the ugly part. 

(just between you and me...i still have my holey ones...just in case)

No comments: