If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Thing For Black and White



Love, love, love black and white. And when I found these plates at my local flea market/antique mall last week, I had to bring them home with me. Especially when I got 5 dinner plates and 11 dessert/bread&butter plates for $5 and in absolutely perfect condition.  I don't mind when I can't get full sets of dishes because I love to mix and match, plus, I seldom need large numbers anyway. I discovered the pattern name is "Manhattan Black" by googling the company name "Buffalo China".  It is a heavy, thick restaurant china. 




Now this....

is my kind of bargain. 



Found at Goodwill. Nice enough to use as is, and able to be painted if needed.  How could I go wrong for 99 cents ? 
A productive day.  

No comments: