If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Perfect Christmas

(Even though I didn't post this until today, I wrote it Monday December 27th...how's that for being behind?)

 
My two sons just left after being home for about a week. My two daughters live close by, which to me is a wonderful blessingIt was so great to have them all here for Christmas. And that's what makes a holiday special. 
You see, although I had great plans, I was sick with a bad cold pretty much from Thanksgiving until about a week before Christmas. It sapped what little energy I have sometimes. On top of that, we kept my three grandchildren for about a week and a half while their mother was off in the tropics for a wedding. They didn't get the best me either. 
Thankfully I didn't have a lot of gifts to buy because I had all my shopping to do the week before Christmas.
I wanted to have a beautifully decorated house...I did manage to get the swag on the stairway and one on the china cupboard earlier in the month. 


The tree was purchased the second Sunday in December. It set outside until Christmas Eve. I struggled half the night with lights that didn't half work (definitely a must-purchase for next year)Last night I added Meme Gamby's vintage ornaments to a little tree in the kitchen. Yes, last night. (I still have a week to enjoy them).




God bless my girls, because thanks to them we have plenty of delicious cookies for the holidayDespite my lack of enthusiasm, they insisted we have our baking day and I'm so glad they did. It's always one of my favorite times. 
But, thank you Lord....I felt good in time for Christmas and enjoyed every moment.  The tree wasn't perfect, the house wasn't perfect, but when we're all together we always have a wonderful time. And isn't that what it's all about anyway?  
Happy birthday, Jesus!  

No comments: