If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Birds of a Feather

for anyone who knows me or reads my blog, it comes as no surprise that i love birds. i invested in a good tube feeder. (don't go cheap...squirrels can chew straight through the $4.99 plastic ones. don't ask me how i know.)
our feeder sometimes has as many as 10-12 goldfinches flitting back and forth. i love these bright, happy little creatures. 


all the following were shot by my daughter, erin.  she was sitting closer to the feeder and grabbed my camera.
  






 

although they're not quite as clear, i'm pleased with how well these next photos turned out. it was nearing dusk and i was using my zoom lens.

a pretty little house finch.


this red bellied woodpecker is a frequent visitor. 



  
"in all things of nature there is something of the marvelous."
aristotle

 

No comments: