If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Watching the Leaves Turn

i can't believe the entire month of october...probably my favorite month of the year...has passed me by, with me doing only one single post.  i dearly love fall and wanted to take so many pictures. it seemed every time the weather was beautiful and prime for picture taking, i was busy with something i had to do, and when i had time, the weather was rainy or cloudy.  but i still enjoyed the month. the family and i were able to hit just about every local fall festival there was. 
so, just for my own scrapbook of memories, my small photo essay on "what i love about autumn".....

the leaves...


 "Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn."
Elizabeth Lawrence

 






"Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eve level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain."
Henry David Thoreau


the mums...



 

the pumpkins and gourds and indian corn...






and the sky so clear and blue it takes your breath away.... 




"Delicious Autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
George Eliot

1 comment:

scrappinmommom said...

Love following your blog. Beautiful photos. I, too, love the fall of the year. Thanks for sharing.