If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Squatter's Rights

Squatter-  a person who settles on land without title, right, or payment of rent. 

I took this pic of a potted plant on my my front porch on July 15th.  Doing pretty well.

A few days ago I went out to water and, at first glance, thought my four year old grandson had been digging in my plant. (I apologize sweetie).  At closer inspection, I realized that I had a squatter. 

Of all the acres of plants, bushes and trees this little bugger had to choose from, she had to make a nest in my planter. Oh well...she new I wouldn't chase her out.  I haven't seen her yet to know what kind of bird she is, but she has startled the tar out of a few people as they unknowingly walked by and she whizzed out past them.



No eggs yet.

1 comment:

Anita Diaz said...

Oh they work fast don't they? We have one in the girls' playhouse that I need to get out once fall comes. Thanks for stopping by:-)