If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Friday, July 16, 2010

A Silver Lining


Even having little money to spend does not mean you can't have pretty things. I never had much of a desire for silver and now all of a sudden I'm seeing it used in gorgeous tablescapes and loving it.  I certainly cannot afford sterling silver but it's so easy to find silverplate, it costs a little bit of nothing, and cleans up beautifully.  I have found all of these pieces in the last month (and have had a ball spending my birthday money on them). The largest piece was the most expensive at a mere $6, two of the others were $4, and the rest ranged from $1.25 to $2. Trays in particular are easy to store and don't take up much room. 


At the Goodwill Store I found 13 silverplated Wm. Rogers spoons for 29 cents apiece. I can't wait to offer someone a cup of tea. 


 

No comments: