If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Monday, May 31, 2010

More Blooms and the Funky Bench

Sweet peas.
Spiderwort, hostas, purple salvia and chrysanthemums.

My husband's family is getting ready for the estate sale of his parents' belongings.  One of the things he brought home from his dad's workshop is this old bench.  My first thought was to sand and paint it. It's kind of a funky color. But the more I live with it, the more I love it's stains and worn areas. It has seen it's share of things repaired and workshop projectsI think I'll keep it just the way it is.

3 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Your flowers are so beautiful, Deb, and I think your decision to keep the bench as is is a good one!

Laura said...

What a wonderful post, and I agree that the bench is great as is and tells a story.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my blog today.

That was so special to me Deb-

By the way my maiden name was Mills.

Laura

Pieces of Dreams said...

Hi Deb!

Thanks for your kind comment and for visiting my blog. Your gardens are so incredibly beautiful. I love your hanging basket and the bench is fabulous the way it is!!!! (Don't you have something else you can be working on? LOL) Karen