If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Garden Abundance

Gavin and I picked sugar snap peas today. He's my precious 4 year old grandson, and he loves to help.  "I help you grandma".   And the thing is, he really is a big help...talking constantly the entire time, but a sweet help nevertheless.
I was able to freeze twelve quarts with enough left to have for supper, stir fried in olive oil with garlic and finished off with a little kosher salt. Oh my, were they good!

5 comments:

J H said...

Woohoo! So THAT is what happens when you plant your peas when you're supposed to...mine are a couple of weeks behind, so hopefully my bowls will look like that soon. : )

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Yum, yum, YUM! You obviously have a well loved garden AND four-year-old grandson! I enjoyed visiting! I loved seeing your Mr Downy W.! Gardens and birds certainly go together! Thanks so much for visiting! Jacqueline

Laura said...

What you described in this post is one of life's greatest pleasures.

I need to read previous posts on your garden.
I just have tomatoes and zinnias, but next year I will be planting more.

Enjoyed visiting,
Laura
White Spray Paint

Dawn said...

oh Deb!! peas already...YUM!! and your gardens are beautiful! LOVE the "hanging" basket find...and that work bench is just awesome. you should go to Create & Decorate web site and put that picture in their photo section!
love the bird pics too... hugs!

Debbiedoos said...

That is my favorite way to do veggies...looks great! So healthy too!