If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Ginger and Polka Dots


There is a website called Splitcoaststampers that has become an obsession of mine, for several reasons. First and foremost, it is an amazing source of inspiration, containing artwork from some incredible rubber stamping artists. But also, it is an awesome community of people with a common passion. I have made some wonderful friendships through SCS. I was invited to be a part of a small group of 8 stampers who, every Monday, post a card made to fit a challenge issued by one of the members. This has been so fun, and it also pushes us out of our creatives boxes. This week's challenge was to make a card with polka dots in some form, and to use gingham ribbon.

I had this card envisioned in my mind, but had none of the supplies needed to make it. So I had to get a little inventive. I created the polka dot paper by stamping with a new pencil eraser and white pigment ink, embossing with white ep. I had no hot pink paper to match my pink Prima flower, so I colored the edge of a strip of white with a pink passion SU marker. Finally, the stamp I have of the quote didn't fit the space, so I generated the quote on the computer. The layout format was created by another member of our group, Frances (known as StampOwl on SCS). If anyone is interested in seeing the other 7 cards for any of these challenges, I'll post our blog site (CCEE) along the side of my blog.

No comments: