If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Garden Update


I haven't been taking weekly photos as I did at first. The changes are not as great now. But I did do some alterations to this bed this week. I had to say farewell to my bleeding heart for the year. The foliage was getting really yellow and unattractive, so I cut it out. The other plants around it are full enough to hide the cut stems. Also, I removed the lemon balm. It was too big, and I needed the space for a boxwood I got on sale. Anyway, I'll have lemon balm plants popping up everywhere that I can harvest and replant somewhere else. Also, the spiderwort is pretty much finished. I'm going to cut it back and see if I can get aother blooming from it. I'm still not totally satisfied with this bed and will probably make a few changes next year. But that's the fun of gardening, isn't it?

No comments: