If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ain't It Grand?!


It's December 31st and this is our fourth snow!!! Can you believe it? This one was only a few inches. Last winter we got one dusting. As I sit here in the warmth, my poor husband is out on the tractor plowing. He's not a happy camper. When I rejoice about yet another snowfall, I get "the look". I'm sorry...I love snow. Always have. When I was in college, the minute it started to snow, my friend Lori and I would pull on the boots, bundle up, and take off for parts unknown. We'd walk for miles. Fond memories.
Snow instantly converts brownness to magical beauty. It's cozy. It slows us down.


This was the December 19th snow...the biggie. About 14-15 inches. We haven't gotten that much for a long time. Adam and Renee will never forget this one. They drove up from North Carolina in it. A drive that should have taken about six and a half hours took eighteen. Yes. But they arrived safe and sound.



1 comment:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Your photos are spectacular, Deb! I wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy New Year and many blessings in 2010!