If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mom's Day


It was my turn to do the CCEE challenges for the month of May. And since the first Monday was the one preceding Mother's Day it was a natural choice for that to be our first challenge. I chose Basic Grey designer paper (so what else is new?). I thought it would be cool to pop the letter's of "MOM", but didn't have any chipboard alphabets. So, I stamped the letters from the Headline Alphabet with pigment ink onto a thin chipboard restaurant coaster, and cut them out. It needed something else, so I cut a circle from the dp and pop dotted it. Although the photo doesn't really capture it, I painted the green flower and the center of the cutout circle with diamond Stickles for a little bling. (You should have heard my girls when they first heard me use the word 'bling'....you'd think I was old or something.) :)

Recipe: paper- black, Basic Grey (Eva series); ink- claret (Ranger Antiquities); stamps- Headline Alphabet (SU); accessories- diamond Stickles, pop dots, chipboard restaurant coaster, eyelet border punch (SU), black grosgrain ribbon (Offray).

1 comment:

suzARTe said...

another lovely card. I have got to go to bed now but have enjoyed checking out your work.