If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Little Behind

it is more than 3 months since my last post. unbelievable. however, the main reason for my absence has at last been resolved. after a thunderstorm and resulting loss of power one evening in late june i rebooted my computer to find that i was not able to access my user side. nothing else was wrong, it just wouldn't let me on the 'debbie' account. i could use the 'gary' side, just not mine. but the problem was that all, and i mean all of my photographs were on the debbie side. it kept asking for a password that did not exist. 
i have recently enlisted the aid of my eldest daughter, erin, who is pretty good with computers. at first, it appeared that all my pictures seemed to have been lost and i was devastated. but she persisted and finally found them and saved them on an external hard drive that i had purchased a while back for the purpose of backing up my photos but had procrastinated and not done it yet.  (that'll teach me.)  my daughter, the computer genius!
now i face the daunting task of catching up on 3 1/2 months of posts. and i do have to catch up. it'll drive me crazy not to. this is my online scrapbook and i can't skip things. i've been procrastinating getting started because the task is so daunting and now i have more to catch up on. there's a lesson here to be learned, i think.
i will close this rather long explanation with a few pictures of my front porch that i had planned to post next...from june.



flowers from our garden...




i love this...a christmas gift from my sis-in-law who knows my taste perfectly.


and finally, random shots taken while playing with my zoom lens.





one of our resident bluebirds...
 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yay! Glad you're back to the blogging world! :)