If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Last Rose of Summer


(Isn't there a song by that title?) I adore fall...colorful leaves, pumpkins, gourds, mums, sunflowers, candy corn, cool crisp air....ahhhh....can't you hear the strains of "the falling leaves, float by my window" in the background?....!!! I've decided the perfect seasonal year would be 5 months of autumn, 1 month of snowy winter, 5 months of spring, and 1 month of swimming hot summer. My only regret is losing my tomatoes and flowers. This is probably my last bouquet of roses for the year. There's sure to be a frost soon. And eventually...hopefully...snow. Woo-hoo!! But that's another post.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

These area absolutely gorgeous and we could sure use some about now. TFS