If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy flowers. For although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Basic Grey


As I first began exploring SCS (SplitcoastStampers), I kept seeing cards made with the most gorgeous and unique designer paper. And I kept seeing the words 'Basic Grey'. I finally figured out that BG was not a color, but the name of the company that manufactured this wonderful paper. It was the beginning of a love affair for me. This card uses one of their Christmas collections called "Dasher", and uses another sketch challenge layout from SCS. I love this sketch and it's a great way to use up scraps. The flower in the center is cut out from some of the dp. I wanted to use just the word 'peace', but didn't have a stamp I liked. So I inked up just that part of the word from "Peaceful Wishes". Also, the berry sprig is from that same set and I added a little red Stickles to the berries.
Recipe: Paper- Basic Grey dp (Dasher collection), blue bayou (Stampin'UP), white; Stamps- Peaceful Wishes (SU); Ink- black archival, real red and old olive SU markers; Accessories- red Stickles, red brads.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

This is truly lovely! The colors are so calming and warm.